Serio team is announcing the release of SerioPlus 7 on March 15th 2015.
--- New ---
The new ITSM Dashboard can be accessed from SerioClient's menu. It provides a quick overall view of how the Service Desk is doing, including graphical information on:
- a weekly view of logged against resolved Incidents
- live Response and Resolution overruns
- Resolutions due in the next 4 hours
- live view of logged Incidents by Team/ Priority
- Customer Satisfaction Survey results for the current month
The new Customer-centric view is available from the Service Explorer and provides an immediate customer based search method.
Integrated Customisation features
This replaces SerioScribe as a separate customization tool and integrates customization into SerioClient and SerioAdmin. You are now able to customize your SerioPlus tools in a more intuitive and effective way. Pressing F3 + Right-click, you'll acces Serio Customisation tool which allows you to customise labels, tags, edit fields, buttons and more.
Automatic Extended Data editing through the use of Actions
Serio 7 allows you to set your Extended Data fields to be populated automatically through the use of Actions. Among other functionality, it allows you to:
- Capture Agent's comments into a given Extended Data field
- Populate an Extended Data field with the current date and time
- Populate several Extended Data fields simultaneously
- Control which Extended Data fields are to be displayed to the Agent upon taking an Action
Release Deployment (RFDs)
Release Records are provided as a means of both controlling and documenting the Release of Changes into different Infrastructure environments (Testing, UAT, Production and so on).
Release Records are associated with (and can be viewed as extension of) Changes and document the designated release interval, current workflow Status, steps needed to deploy, rollback instructions, and specific user notification requirements.
Each Release record carries its own Reference number, and mandatory Infrastructure environment.
Supplier Email with Full Action History
Provides Users with the ability to send the Action History of a Ticket to a Customer or Supplier. With Active Data placeholders, Users can include either the Public Action History, or the Full Action History, when creating an eDoc for use in emails.
Incident / Problem / Change Printouts
- Data Listing - Open Tickets (DL1)
A complete list of all unresolved tickets in your Serio system.
- Data Listing - Closed Tickets Last 31 Days (DL2)
A complete list of all tickets closed in your Serio system in the last 31 days.
Customer Satisfaction Survey Results
- One Page Survey Summary by Agent (SVY3a)
A one page report showing Customer Satisfaction Survey results by Agent.
Current Ticket Assignment Status
- By Agent showing Company-Branch (ASG11)
A report on Tickets Assigned by Agent and Company-Branch, showing each ticket's status, Priority level, date logged and Subcategory.
Agent and Team Performance
- Serio Inbox Audit Events (AU1)
An audit on Serio Inbox, reporting on emails deleted and emails converted to Incidents, Service Requests and Changes.
--- Improvements ---
Upgraded Logging Form
Serio 7 logging form is designed to work with larger resolution screens, as well as the smaller screens we have always supported. In addition, it allows easier and faster capture of data and introduces new editable fields:
- it brings Extended Data into the logging form, making it easier for Serio Agents to capture it and edit it right from the moment an Incident, Service Request, Problem or Change are logged
- the position of ‘Insight’ and ‘Service Impact’ windows have been altered, enabling them to utilise more space within the Logging Screen, and (in the case of 'Service Impact') increased in size. This provides an easier and faster way to see which Services are selected in the Service Impact box
- multiple possibilities are listed in the Customer Lookup when you type and tab a Customer Surname. The Customer Lookup displays Email address, Branch and Telephone number, among other information. A "View Tickets" button allows Users to view a list of a Customer’s open Incidents or Service Requests. Fields change accordingly when you select a different Customer
- ability to store four email addresses, in individual fields, in a Customer record, via Manage Customers and the Customer Lookup in the Logging Screen. The email addresses are split into one Primary email address, and three Secondary addresses. A Checkbox next to each new field allows you to indicate whether this address is to be CC’d in when replying to the Primary address, thus allowing the Agent to control identity and associations.
Extended Data Editing from the Service Explorer
Ability to edit Extended Data information from the Service Explorer, bypassing the need to open the ticket directly.
Bookmarking a Ticket
Enables Users to place any Ticket in a new ‘My Bookmarks and Quick Loaded Tickets’ directory within the Service Explorer.
Enables Users to use the Quick Load function within the Service Explorer. Typing in a Ticket Reference Number will place the Ticket in the new ‘My Bookmarks and Quick Loaded Tickets’ directory.
Highlighting of rows is now available in the Service Explorer. It works exactly the same as color coding in the Manage Chapters (Alt + mouse click).
Simultaneous email convertion flagging
Serio 7 warns Agents if an email they pick from their Serio Inbox has already started being converted by another Agent.
Known Errors - Workaround
Ability to publish a Known Error without a Workaround having been stated. Workarounds can be viewed against associated Problems in the Service Explorer.
Known Errors – Configuration Items and Services
The tool allows Known Error information to be shown against Configuration Items and Services, regardless of the state of the linked Problem. The Known Error information is displayed in the Service Explorer.
Known Errors – Scope
Ability to designate an Environment for the Known Error. SerioPlus asks you to define the “Known Error Scope” when you take the ‘Known Error Add’ action on a Problem. This allows you to define the environment you wish the Known Error to be created in.
Extended Data added and viewed in the Tasks in Change Plans
Ability to create an Action that captures Extended Data, and then use that Extended Data in Tasks in your Change Plan.
Suppose one of your employees is leaving the company and you need to delete his email account.
You will raise a Change, as usual, but you can now add an Action to capture the employee's username and department and then include this information directly in the text of future Tasks.
Suppose that you create an Extended Data definition called 'Deleted email account' (string type), and this is then set to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can include this in the Task
Account to Delete: <</extended_start/>>Deleted Email Account<</extended_end/>>
So that when the Task is generated, the engineer sees
Account to Delete: email@example.com
Added search criteria in a Knowledgebase Query
Ability to use ‘Agent Status A’ and ‘Agent Status B’ as Search Criteria in a Knowledgebase Query.
Extended Data added to the Actions List in Configurable Actions
Allows you to embed the capture of Extended Data into the Actions you take, and the workflow you use.
Email Features and Integration
Extended Data can now be included in any email you send.
Resolution Email BCC
Ability to BCC the resolution email for a ticket to a number of email addresses. This works in much the same way as Broadcast Alerts; define the ticket characteristics that the ticket must match (such as Priority or Company) and then attach to this a list of email addresses. When the resolution email for a ticket is sent to the logging customer, it will be BCC'd to those on your list.
This allows an Email that has arrived into the Inbox to be replied to automatically. This is especially useful for emails that come into the Inbox “Out Of Hours”, enabling an auto acknowledgement to be sent that will notify the Customer that the Help / Service Desk is shut.
The feature is distinct from the existing ‘Auto Response’ mechanism, which is used to offer solutions automatically to emails that have specific criteria set.
A 20 minute delay is built into the function for Auto-Acknowledgement emails sent to the same email address, thus preventing an “Acknowledgement loop” forming, with emails going back and forth continuously.
Broadcast Alerts / Assignment Definitions
- Ability to broadcast assignment notifications to the whole team, should you choose to.
- Broadcast Alert emails can be customised, giving customers an alternative to the standard email template. The template for the email is simply placed into the comment for the Broadcast Alert.
- Ability to automatically define a method of Ticket Subscription when creating Broadcast Alert / Assignment Definition Rules. Agents may set the Contact Group to be Automatically Subscribed using Serio Messages or Email, when a Rule has been matched. The designated Contact Group will receive a Message or Email when an Action has been taken on any Ticket they have been automatically subscribed to.
- In addition to this, the ‘Company-Branch’ field can now be defined as a Rule Type in both Broadcast Alert and Assignment Definitions.
Ability to include the “Product Version” field of a Configuration Item as an Active Data placeholder in an eDoc, in both short and long formats. A ‘Main Issue Summary’ placeholder has also been included.
Anti Spam Solution
This system examines your Customer Database and checks the incoming email address against it, admitting only those emails whose sender is known to your Database. This is done by checking both the customer's whole email address or the customer's domain, depending on your selected settings.
firstname.lastname@example.org is a customer email address in your DB.
The following incoming email arrives at your Inbox: email@example.com and you have selected the 'Ensure that the Senders Domain Address Part is in the Serio Database' option.
Your Spam Filter checks this address against your customer DB but cannot find that specific email address. However, the domain teabythesea.com is known to your Customer DB and therefore the email is admitted in your Inbox.
Should you have selected the 'Ensure that the Senders Whole Email Address is in the Serio Database' option instead, the email would be blocked and kept in your Spam Folder.
Furthermore, we've added the ability to Whitelist or Blacklist any domains and/or addresses you see fit.
All refused emails will sit on your Spam Folder and you'll be able to manually move any emails from that folder to your Inbox.
Please note that the only exception to our Anti Spam solution are emails containing reply references, such as the reference number affected to a logged Incident, Problem, Change or Service Request. In this case, the system receives the email and, should it contain a valid reference number, it will automatically be accepted in the Serio Inbox.
Note that this is an 'opt-in' system.
Ability to associate uploaded documents with Company/Branches
Ability to upload documents and associate them directly with Company/Branches. The existing ability to upload/download to other entities such as CIs is unaffected.
Attachment Linked Documents Preview
Ability to preview an attachment from the ‘Attach Linked Docs’ tabs in the Send Email action, by simply right-clicking on the file you wish to view. This enables you to differentiate between different versions of the same file, or when there are many files shown.
Agent Profile Ticket Logging Control
Ability to control which types of ticket you can open. You may also restrict the types of Tickets that an Agent can log. This is done through the Issue Logging-2 tab. Here you will find four checkboxes which can be flagged, allowing or restricting an Agent to / from logging Incidents, Service Requests, Changes, Problems, and Changes.