Completely free & with no device limitations, IT Service View can work with Windows servers using WMI for agent-less operation, or other types of devices such as hubs and routers using SNMP.
IT Service View is highly configurable. It comes with its own fully featured scripting language called SerioScript - which allows you to work with device data, load custom DLLs, manipulate files, run programs, send emails and so on, interacting with SNMP and WMI data.
You can even examine how the plugins that come installed work, and modify them for your own installation.
- Allows you to check key variables on servers such as Free RAM, Processor Utilisation, the status of installed Services, status of processes running & Free disc space
- Features an elegant red/amber/green 'traffic light' display for device health
- Easy to install web pages that show you key status information for each device
- Supports WMI for agent less monitoring of Windows servers
- Supports SNMP polling and traps for better cross-platform operation
- Integrated MIB compiler for SNMP devices
- Allows you to define custom emails to be sent when errors are detected in your infrastructure
- For Windows servers, you can define these additional responses to try to recover from the error such as reboot or shutdown the server, restart a process, restart a Service
- Allows monitoring of HTML pages and web applications using one of the standard plugins - which you can edit for your own applications
- Supports queue monitoring of Exchange 2003
- Supports simple 'ping' monitoring using the standard 'Ping' plugin
- Extensible by creating custom plugins, or extending/editing the standard plugins